Halloween is just a few weeks away, and if you’re planning for, in the middle of, or just completed a move, you may have some extra moving boxes lying around. With some scissors, paint, and tape or glue, you can turn those cardboard moving boxes into a great Halloween costume. And you’ll be re-using the box to boot!
Here are some clever costume ideas that all start with a simple cardboard box:
Some silver paint and a few accessories from the hardware store, and your robot will be ready for tricks and treats.
2. Minecraft or LEGO character
Both Minecraft and LEGO have characters stylized to be boxy, making these costumes a natural fit.
3. Photo strip
Besides being incredibly clever, this costume also weighs less than all the others.
Cut squares from an extra box to use as the graham crackers in this sweet costume.
You can even turn the front into a bag for treats!
6. Rubik’s cube
It looks like you’ve solved your costume problem!
7. Christmas/birthday gift
This quick and easy costume is cause for celebration!
Just one slice, but your local pizza place will probably deliver to your costume party.
9. Hungry Hungry Hippos
Grab a few friends to play along with this classic board game inspired costume.
10. Air mail
This special delivery will be right on time for trick-or-treating.
You’ll be the hit of the party with this colorful costume!
With imagination and a little creativity, you could have a latte fun at your next Halloween party!
Some extra tips for crafting the costumes:
- When a costume demands flexibility, tape works better than glue and can help reinforce the cardboard to prevent tearing.
- String can be used to tie pieces together, which allows more movement than gluing or taping the pieces together. That extra shoestring finally has a use!
- Use tape on corners of the cardboard to avoid paper cuts.
- Air out whatever you paint and give it time to dry, or else you’ll be trick-or-treating with some side effects.
- This is cardboard, so be careful not to get it wet!