We hope this post finds you well and safe. The governors from Maryland and Virginia and the mayor for Washington, DC have put in place “stay-at-home” restrictions and closure of non-essential businesses
We are here to help fight COVID-19
JK is in the transportation industry, and as such, considered an “essential business” in the DC metro area. To help businesses fight COVID-19, we offer logistic and distribution services for a wide range of needs. For example, we:
- Deliver and store medical supplies and equipment for hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Set up and install furniture for temporary medical units. For example, in recreational, community centers, schools and college dorms.
- Support local universities and boarding schools. We are provide packing, shipping and storing of student dorm belongings.
- Help the food insecure. We deliver pallets of non-perishable items to food banks and grocery/retail stores.
Safety first: Crews following CDC safety protocols
As a result, we continue to keep mission-critical functions working including dispatch, customer service, and warehousing. Moving and packing crews are trained to adhere to the following procedures during your move. For instance:
- JK Dispatch assesses all employees’ health on move projects daily. Any JK employee that is exhibiting the symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to go/stay home.
- Any JK employee that has close contact with or traveled to high risk countries, are asked to stay at home for 14 days. The 14 days will start from the time they left the high risk area. In other words, they will not be on your project.
- Refraining from shaking hands and encouraging frequent hand sanitation. The crew will be provided personal protective equipment (PPE). They will also provide post-touch wipe down of the truck cabs, technology, and moving equipment.
- The crew may request access to one bathroom to be able to frequently wash hands. For instance, be prepared to offer them a designated bathroom.
- Have your office cleaned and sanitized prior to your move.
- Please notify us immediately if you feel ill or have come into close contact with someone who is known to have the virus. We do not want to expose our employees to the virus if it can be avoided.
Feel free to let us know how we can help you prepare and fight the COVID-19 together.