Working to make your move good for the planet and good for your peace of mind.
JK Moving is committed to sustainable, green moving practices, evident by the over 2 million pounds saved from landfills each year – that’s more than the weight of at least 150 elephants.
How is this done? By deploying numerous strategies and processes that support sustainability, including: using plastic reusable crates; re-purposing inventory; and employing practices like Zero Waste, where all materials are recycled back into nature or the marketplace in a healthy and environmentally friendly way.
JK’s BoxlessMove® is just one way we incorporate sustainability into our daily work. At our warehouses, we recycle paper, cardboard, and the wood from our crates, and we use a compactor and auger to reduce the volume of the materials we send to the landfill.Beyond that, JK employs these green, sustainable moving tactics as standard protocol:
- Moving blankets are made from recycled fabrics.
- Driver and fuel tax reporting logs are paper-free.
- Motion sensors help control lighting and conserve energy throughout our facilities.
- Power units on our tractor trailers use environmentally-friendly generators to reduce idling.
- Every truck purchased exceeds existing emissions standards, thanks to our industry partnerships with Volvo and Freightliner.
- Antifreeze and forklift and vehicle batteries are reused.
- Tires are retreaded to ensure optimal fuel use.
- Engine oil is reused as a heating source at our maintenance facility.