JK Moving Services Employee-Led Belonging & Inclusion Council
JK Moving established an employee-led Belonging & Inclusion Council with the mission to: Work in unity to foster an environment of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B) to better serve our employees, clients, partners, and communities. We are one unified community driven to be the best while treating each other with care and respect.
Belonging & Inclusion Council team members hold various roles within the company, including specialists, consultants, managers, directors, and VPs from Accounting, HR, Operations, Sales, IT, Project Management, and Marketing. The Council is led by a team of three members to plan, organize, and manage the Council and its initiatives. The Belonging & Inclusion Council receives strong support from JK Moving’s Executive Team, which provides assistance to the Council when making key decisions that impact the entire company.
Belonging & Inclusion Council initiatives
JK’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging efforts are comprised of true action, based upon feedback and care – and are not just a check box or a flag we put out one month a year. Committed to learning, listening, and growing to serve one another with care and respect, the Council believes that each individual employee has the power to impact belonging and inclusion in their daily work lives.
Some DEI&B initiatives undertaken by the Council include:
- Coordinate and deploy an annual DEI&B survey to gauge employees’ overall sense of belonging and help identify opportunities for new initiatives.
- Improve communication about career paths and development plans
- Provide ongoing communication regarding DEI&B topics and Council programs via a quarterly newsletter
- Manage and run an enterprise-wide mentorship program
- Emphasize enterprise-wide DEI&B training
- Improve sense of belonging across the enterprise
With over 25 volunteer participants, the JK Belonging and Inclusion Council has enjoyed enormous success and is looking to further its impact on the enterprise and community.