As COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the US, healthcare facilities are racing to expand existing capacity. According to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, the peak in the US can come as early as two weeks.
The need for hospital beds alone will top 224,300 beds nationwide, and there will be a critical shortfall of 2,500 beds in the DC Metro Area. Consequently, jurisdictions impacted by this shortfall are pushing to convert arenas and hotels into temporary field hospitals.
This is where we can help, by:
- Receiving, storing and delivering medical equipment and supplies when you need it
- Managing inventory with our online warehouse management tools
- Pulling existing furniture, fixtures and equipment from hotels for storage or decommission
- Picking, packing and delivering supplies to reduce supply theft
Lab Relocation Services
President Trump is enlisting all public and private laboratories for COVID-19 testing. Many labs need to expand their existing capacity to fulfill this request. Having extensive experience moving labs for NIH, Fort Detrick and Walter Reed, we offer complete lab relocation services. We specialize in disassembling, moving, setting up labs, and moving work in progress with the utmost care to minimize downtime and disruptions.
Medical Equipment and Supplies
Many healthcare facilities don’t have the capacity to receive large bulk quantities of medical supplies during this time of crisis. JK is here for you for your short- or long-term storage needs. You can view your inventory virtually through your own secure asset management portal.
In addition, we also receive medical supplies to store and deliver when area hospitals need it. We can receive your medical supplies, pick from your inventory, pack them and deliver to your facility when you need it. This helps you control and manage supply inventory costs.
Hotel to Makeshift Hospital
Furthermore, as the DC area ramps up for the peak of the COVID-19 virus, there are not enough hospital beds to accommodate the need. JK Moving is working with local and state governments to receive and/or deliver hospital equipment. From delivering cots to converting hotel rooms into hospital rooms, we can assist you with:
- Relocation services like packing, boxing, moving and installing items
- Storage options for your furniture, fixtures and equipment in our secure warehouses. For safekeeping until you are ready for their return
- Item disposal, if you don’t want things returned, can be done in a safe, environmentally friendly manner.