It’s common sense; you know you can’t pack everything but sometimes it’s easy to forget. So keep these packing tips handy. Have a question about an item? Contact your move coordinator.
Check this list for security, safety, and peace of mind
JK is committed to delivering you a worry-free residential move. That’s why there are certain items we can’t load onto our trucks or place into storage, such as:
- Credit cards, Social Security cards, and licenses
- Legal documents such as deeds, wills, and car and home titles
- Medical records
- Irreplaceable mementos, such as photo albums
And some things should not make the move at all, because they’re too dangerous to ship in trucks, air cargo planes, or shipping containers. Your move coordinator will help you find ways to store, personally transport, or dispose of:
- Chemicals: acid, ammonia, antifreeze, bleach/cleaners, chemistry sets, cleaning fluid, essential oils, house paint, nail polish/remover, paint thinner, pesticides, and weed killer
- Flammables and explosives: aerosols (hairspray, room deodorizer, household cleaner), ammunition, butane (camping stoves, cigarette lighters) charcoal, e-cigarettes, fireworks, gas or oils (cooking, bath, or massage oils; lamp or motor oil), matches, oxygen containers, propane tanks or cans, and welding gas
- Hazardous items: batteries (including lithium, car), fertilizer, fire extinguishers, and hoverboards
- Open/perishable items: items with excessive odor, open alcohol containers, open containers of liquid, non-sealed food containers, perishable foods, and prescription drugs
Here's a handy flyer you can download or print to remind you what not to pack.